November 28, 2014

I Am A Pizza

Inspired by the song shared by Mrs. Corner, "Pizza Shop" and the "I Am A Pizza" song we stumbled upon through YouTube, the class has been interested in sharing their knowledge of making their very own pizza.



Complete with their own choice of 'paper toppings', the class initially created 'paper pizzas' during math learning centres while learning about shapes. Everyone was excited to draw and cut out their dough and add their toppings before writing a quick recap of the number of toppings they put on their pizza. Our Senior Kindergarten friends even added all of the different ingredients they thought would be needed to make pizza and the steps people would need to take to make it.


In addition to learning two songs about pizza, creating shape pizzas and making playdough pizza, today we had the opportunity to make REAL mini pizza. Using English muffins, tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese, we had fun tasting the strange white cheese and assembling our very own mini pizza to go in the oven! "I love this!" cried AMV, who was super excited to take part in this learning experience. Some comments heard amongst the different discussions included some, but not all, of the following:

"I loved adding the cheese so it would be good" FL
"I liked making it, but eating it was the best part" DF
"Putting on the cheese was my favourite because then we knew it was almost time to make them" LV
"I think eating it was my best part of this because it was SO GOOD!" GS

Thankfully, unlike in the "I Am A Pizza" song, none of our pizza hit the ground, but made their way to our tummies! Yum YUM!