January 28, 2015

Mid-January Update

What a busy time we have had in Room 12 so far this month! Not only did we do some great learning in literacy and math, but we were also fortunate to take part in our second day of Zumba and heard some amazing stories from Aubrey Davis.

During Zumba, we had a chance to learn two songs, "Chihuahua" and "Freezer". Both were so much fun and let us be active together in a fun learning environment. "I liked doing 'Freezer' because I got to be a penguin" recalled OR. "It was fun because it was exercising!" added CS.



We also heard Aubrey Davis speak and share some awesome stories, reminding us about the value of storytelling. Aubrey shared a JCPS favourite, "The Enormous Potato" along with "Bagels from Benny", "mouse king", "Anansi the Spider-Man" and "Sody Sallyratus" folktales. Every story was action packed and shared a lot of great messages. BH "[I] loved when the bear ate the people in the Sody story".

"I liked Anansi the best because it was fun!" added EH

HW summed it up the best when she shared, "I liked all of the stories, especially the ones I have at home!" What a great home to school connection to share to add to our exciting week.